Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Conferences and Portfolio Reviews

I'll be attending two events in the coming months. The purpose is to network and get some feedback on my portfolio, but the events will also serve as great deadlines to get my work done.  I am really looking forward to both.

SCBWI CA North/Central Pump-It-Up Portfolio Critique Fest
January 28, 2012

To prepare for this critique, I plan to...
~Complete at least 5 full watercolor illustrations
~Complete additional illustrative elements for each story I illustrate
~Create a high quality scan/print of each piece (still working this one out...)
~Put prints together in a binder-style portfolio with removable pages
~Have some business cards printed
~Have a website URL set up with something on it.


SCBWI San Francisco South: Golden Gate Conference at Asilomar-2012/
March 2-4, 2012

I signed up for a 15-minute portfolio critique at this three-day conference. I'll get the chance to do some workshops and get advice from successful illustrators. I'm really looking forward to it!

To prepare for this conference, I plan to...
~Revise illustrations based on January's critique
~Complete as many additional portfolio-quality illustrations as I can!
~Updated professional website


In other news, I completed several more illustrations for "A Field of Boliauns," which I plan to post tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment