Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm So Excited...

Due to lay-offs, my current office job will be ending in two weeks.

What does that mean?  I get to spend the summer working on my illustration portfolio!  I am really excited...

Last month, I went the the SCBWI South San Francisco conference at Asilomar and got a portfolio review from the famous Dan Yaccarino.  He encouraged me to write my own stories and build my portfolio based on my own imaginative ideas.  

All of this being said, I've been doing a lot of thinking, a lot of planning, even some writing, but not a lot of artwork.  I am processing so much advice that I've needed some time to digest.  Now I feel on the verge of a creative explosion. I have a list of ideas, and my mind is filling up with colors, characters and stories.  Now I'm looking at a gazillion hours of time to do nothing but art....

Watch out, world!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I think we have the same dream :-) I am "stay at home mum" of two and wish illustrating will be my job. You can visit me on my main blog (czech):
    http://vad-art.blogspot.com/

    or my portfolio:
    http://ateliervad.blogspot.com/

    I will follow your work! Sonja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonja! Thanks for stopping by and following. Your artwork is really cute! I'm following you now as well. Good luck with your illustrations :)

      ~Sarah

      Delete